IUI at Life Line Reproduction Center
Intrauterine insemination: a modern, safe and effective procedure to enable motherhood in complicated cases
The desire to have children inspired by nature and the very existence is not possible for all loving couples because of various diseases, congenital malformations and genetic traits. Owing to advances in reproductive medicine, spouses being in a seemingly hopeless situation may well have their own healthy children.
In cases when natural conception is not possible, one of the most effective methods of fertilization is intrauterine insemination, when specially treated sperm is introduced in the female uterus. The procedure is performed in the period running concurrently with the expected ovulation, so the effectiveness of IUI is very high. The IUI procedure, if performed correctly, results in a positive outcome in 30% of cases.
Every fertility specialist has a record of over 1000 pregnancy occurrences
When one can resort to the IUI method
Use a partner's sperm
- Relative male infertility (sperm with low activity)
- Vaginism in a woman
- Anatomical and physiological characteristics of uterine cervix that prevent penetration of sperm
Use of a donor’s sperm
- Absence of sperm in a partner
- HIV infection or the risk of transmission of genetic diseases
- Active Rhesus conflict in previous complicated pregnancies
- A partnerless woman who wants to have children
What determines the success of IUI procedure
Professional preparation for IUI which includes hormonal treatment, preparation of sperm material.
Accurate diagnostics using the most modern means that help to confirm a diagnosis.
- Organizational issues
- Initial consultation over the phone;
- You will be met and accommodated in a hotel;
- A personal manager and a personal physician will be assigned to serve your case;
- Medical examination, preparative and IUI procedures will be conducted at one and the same Center.
- Medical examination
- Initial consultation with the best specialist;
- Detailed and complete examination in order to confirm the diagnosis and be conducted as quick as possible;
- Additional genetic studies are possible;
- The test results will be studied by a fertility specialist together with experts from related medicine fields, with a plan of IUI preparation steps developed;
- If the diagnosis is not confirmed, we will offer to you other infertility treatment methods practised in our Center.
- Preparation for IUI
- Direct consulting with our European colleagues is available;
- The laboratory uses unique sperm treatment techniques in order to reduce DNA fragmentation percentage;
- The partner’s ejaculate is subjected to treatment in order to increase sperm activity and thus increase the probability of conception;
- Preparation for fertilization is performed with the help of hormonal stimulation to ensure superovulation.
- IUI procedure
- The IUI procedure is quick and painless, and performed by the best fertility specialist;
- The procedure is followed by ultrasound control;
- In 2 weeks of pregnancy tests are taken;
- The fertility specialist and other medical specialists follow up a patient till the very delivery, by monitoring the gestation process and health condition of the fetus and the future mother.
- Pregnancy starts after the very first IUI procedure in every third patient, whereas in the most of hospitals such result is achieved after the second or third procedure;
- Every fertility specialist has a record of over 1000 successful pregnancy onsets;
Timely visit to a medical specialist increases the chance of the pregnancy onset by several times