Area of expertise
- Graduated cum laude from Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy in 1988, Department of Medical Business.
- Completed his clinical residency training in 1990 at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the First School of General Medicine, Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy.
- Сompleted postgraduate training in 1993 at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the First School of General Medicine, Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy, combining education with work in Moscow Maternity Hospital No.2
- Passed Ph.D. thesis defense on ‘Prevention and Treatment of Endometritis after Cesarean Section via Low-Level Laser Therapy’ in 1994.
- Continued working as Assistant Professor at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second School of General Medicine, Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy, combining academic work with emergency medical obstetric-gynecologic treatment at Maternity Center of City Clinical Hospital No. 7.
- Masters all kinds of assisted reproduction, was the first in Russia to bring to life a healthy child via PGD in the patient with Klinefelter syndrome.
- In cooperation with embryologists and geneticists was among the first to work with Robertsonian translocations and achieve the birth of healthy children.
- Was the first in the Russian Federation to bring to life a child in the aged patient after androgen priming via testosterone medicine administration.
- In cooperation with Urology Institute, he started his work in testis and epididymis microsurgical biopsy in order to harvest sperm for IVF-ISCI (micro-TESE), undertake further cryo conservation procedure and facilitate fertility preservation.
Mr. Potapov actively takes part in the work of national and international congresses, seminars, conferences, symposiums, and meetings on assisted reproduction issues, including 1st Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in London, 1st worldwide congress devoted to Egg Issues. Holds membership of European and Russian Associations of Human Reproduction.