In vitro fertilization
In vitro fertilization is the most effective method for infertility treatment. In a broad sense, it is an entire specialty in reproductive medicine. A vast arsenal of techniques, technologies, and protocols permits to develop an individual approach to each patient. Under IVF the process of egg fertilization is performed in vitro, i.e. in the test tube. During the first days, the embryo develops in the laboratory, then it is transferred to the uterus of the mother-to-be for pregnancy to happen.
The process of new life origination is extremely complex. According to the Russian Association of Human Reproduction (RAHR) statistics, the percentage of successful IVF first tries in Russia is only 38.5% Are you interested in higher chances for success? In Life Line clinics the average rate is 46%; in some programs (for instance, in freezing protocols) it reaches 60-70%.
Indications for in vitro fertilization
IVF is recommended in settings where infertility in a couple cannot be addressed via medical or surgical treatment. Another reason can be connected with the patients’ age, especially the woman’s age when there is not much time for any treatment. In other words, indication for IVF is the infertility issue. Let's assume that you are planning a baby, yet after 12 months of regular sexual exposure with no contraception, there is no pregnancy. It is a serious reason to get suspicious and make an appointment with a reproductologist. The causes (factors) of infertility can be hidden either in the woman or in the man. The most wide-spread causes are the following:
- tubal infertility in women (in the case of tubal obstruction or agenesis caused by different pathologies or surgical intervention);
- hormonal factor (anovulation, an irregular menstrual cycle due to hormone imbalance);
- uterine factor (pathology in the uterine structure, inflammatory diseases);
- cervical factor (cervix cysts, endometriosis, hostile cervical mucus).
- spermatogenesis impairment (due to hormone imbalance, varicocele, congenital abnormalities, infections or other pathological factors);
- obstruction of the ductuli efferentes (due to trauma, surgery, tumor, cyst or inflammatory process);
- immunological factor (antibody response to the man’s own sperm that causes its death);
Infertility can be caused by either a single factor or a combination of factors. Are there any contraindications for IVF procedure? Considering the level of modern reproductive medicine development it is highly unlikely. This basic technique of assisted reproduction cannot be implemented in individual cases where a stimulation procedure or pregnancy can be life-threatening to a woman.
Our IVF programs and techniques
Today in vitro fertilization allows for successful treatment of any infertility factor with desired baby conception as the result. Almost any kind of barrier to baby delivery can be overcome via the implementation of an efficient technique. Life Line Reproductive care center has adopted all the IVF programs that have proved to be effective:
Our reproductologists and embryologists do not stop even before the most complex cases. They tend to achieve successful outcome against all odds, and support patients along the way. For cases where it is impossible to employ the patients’ own gamete cells, they are offered with donor sperm or donor egg IVF programs. When a woman is contraindicated for childbearing, the problem can be solved via surrogate mother services. Significant opportunities are one of the reasons why couples seeking IVF programs choose Life Line care center over all the other reproductive clinics in Moscow.
Medical testing before IVF
The choice of IVF program directly depends on the fertility factor so the first stage on the preparation route to IVF is a thorough examination of both partners. It allows reproductologists to determine the exact cause of conception issues. Moreover, a woman's health condition indicates her preparedness to forthcoming procedures and pregnancy. The medical examination includes a wide range of laboratory analysis and imaging tests. Our clinic possesses all that is necessary to implement all of them. However, we are prepared to accept the results of the examinations conducted in other medical institutions. This option is relevant for patients from other cities or for those who are willing to undergo medical testing on Obligatory Medical Insurance (OMI) policy.
The procedure of IVF in detail
Which reproductive clinic in Moscow does perform IVF procedure with the highest chances for success?
Desired pregnancy as a result of an IVF program can only happen if a whole range of different factors is met. We are able to influence most of them, thus improving your chances for the desired outcome. That is the reason why the percentage of successful tries of IVF in Life Line Reproductive care center is above the national average.
Crucial factors for successful IVF outcome.
- What causes infertility. IVF prognosis depends on the infertility cause. Some issues, like tubal infertility, can be easily solved with the IVF program. Others are considered to be more complex and require the implementation of additional techniques of assisted reproduction. Sometimes it takes a few tries. To develop a treatment plan reproductologist needs to identify the cause. Diagnosis of infertility in Life Line care center is conducted by the highest category specialists who are assisted with most advanced equipment.
- Woman's age. Unfortunately, with age and ovarian reserve decrease, a woman loses her chances to conceive even with professional help, via an IVF program. After 40 the chances decline rapidly. However, our care center possesses immense positive experience in assisting patients above 40. To overcome the ‘age factor’ we implement individualized IVF programs, innovative diagnosis methods, and additional reproductive technologies.
- Genetic characteristics of parents-to-be. If the man or the woman suffers from a genetic disorder, the chances for conception and smooth delivery of a baby decline and tend to vanish. Besides, genetic abnormalities can be inherited by the baby. In order to detect and overcome genetic risk factors, the IVF program should be performed with the assistance of a geneticist. Our patients can apply for geneticist counseling and undergo preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). With this type of genetic testing embryos transferred to the woman’s uterus are guaranteed to possess no pathology. The performance of IVF with PGD is higher by 30%.
- The high proficiency level of the reproductologist. One of the main factors in increasing the chances for baby delivery during an IVF program is the proficiency level and practical experience of the physician that works with a particular couple, diagnoses, and treats infertility. Our reproductologists possess extensive experience in the successful undertaking of in vitro fertilization programs, all of them carry out scientific researches, regularly share their experience with foreign colleagues, take part in international conferences, undergo international internships, teach in universities.
- The high proficiency level of the embryologist. Another important factor for effective in vitro fertilization is the proficiency level of the specialist that is responsible for all the procedures conducted in the laboratory. Life Line embryologists combine their medical practice with scientific activities and teaching in universities. They participate in seminars, conferences, and workshops. Specialists of our center possess the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) certificates.
- Advanced treatment methods and standards compliance. Life Line specialists implement advanced IVF techniques and technologies; our center follows all the international standards. High operational standards of our embryo laboratory are confirmed by a positive international audit. Every stage of our therapists’ work when implementing the IVF program is standardized and thoroughly supervised.
- The quality of equipment and medical drugs. IVF is a technologically advanced medical service that is why the clinic’s equipment plays a significant role in the successful program implementation. Life Line Reproductive care center possesses innovative technological base. Our specialists are assisted with most-advanced microscopes and modern incubators with low oxygen concentration. In our medical center, we are particularly proud of Primo Vision technology of embryo serial shots alongside our laser technology.
In vitro fertilization is the basic method in modern assisted reproduction medicine. It is its keystone. Undoubtedly, IVF has its drawbacks. It is not a pleasant technique. Daily injections, ultrasound monitoring once in 2-3 days, worrying whether the result will be good — all this is an additional stress for a couple. Nevertheless, the ultimate goal is so important that temporary discomfort recedes into the background. Another disadvantage is the cost. In order to make IVF programs in Life Line care center more affordable we have joined the IVF on OMI government program. Another option for the IVF patient is to purchase the program through installments or by taking out a loan.
Three main characteristics of IVF in Life Line care center are the following: reliability, high-efficiency level and caring attitude to a woman. Our patients tend to come back to their doctors to conceive a brother or a sister for their ‘IVF’ baby. They do not need to search for another clinic with IVF service. They already know where to go.
In order to obtain further details or make an appointment call the numbers listed or contact us on our online chat.