More about egg freezing
Egg freezing is female reproductive function insurance. If your frozen eggs are reserved in a cryobank, you have a chance for pregnancy despite the age or any fertility reduction on medical grounds. There is one more advantage of the procedure. IVF is not always successful at the first try. Oocytes conservation liberates the woman from repeatedly undergoing ovulation stimulation and egg retrieval. Our clinics are properly equipped for egg freezing and egg conservation procedures: we employ best doctors, modern and GLP standards-compliant laboratory, a spacious cryoreservoir.
What is egg freezing?
Egg vitrification is a breakthrough reproductive technology that enables a woman to conceive a child despite fertility reduction or fertility loss. During the vitrification process, eggs are frozen within a short time period. That is why microscopic ice crystals do not have time to form and enlarge enough to damage the oocyte membrane. Cell vitality persists so that it can be employed during IVF/ ICSI procedure.
Important! Cryopreservation does not have any negative effect on eggs. This fragile biomaterial can be damaged only at the freezing phase. Up to 98% of female reproductive cells persist during the vitrification process (fast freezing). In comparison, only half of them persist as the result of a slow freezing process.
When egg freezing is recommended?
Reasons for a woman to decide or to be prescribed to freeze her eggs can be divided into two groups: medical and social.
Medical indications for egg vitrification are:
diseases causing ovarian insufficiency;
upcoming reproductive organs surgery;
prospects of employing the patient’s own preserved eggs for an in vitro fertilization procedure;
prospects of using donor sperm in egg fertilization.
Speaking of social reasons, there is a short modern term that perfectly describes them all – postponed pregnancy. A woman is planning to have a baby, but after the most childbearing age, which is under 35. She might be busy with building her career or might need more time to find ‘the man’ or just not be ready for pregnancy yet. Today an active youth period is much longer than it used to be. Nevertheless, a modern woman’s reproductive system has not changed compared to that of a woman in the past. Aging increases risks of genetic changes in eggs, and babies born after 35 are more likely to possess genetic disorders. Plans of conceiving a child can be ruined by premature fertility reduction or fertility loss developed due to stress, bad ecology, unhealthy lifestyle or disease. The only option to ensure your postponed pregnancy happening is to undergo egg vitrification and, if possible, at the quite young age. More and more modern active women, including Russian and foreign stars, decide to store their eggs in order to have a chance for happy motherhood in the future.
Phases of oocyte (egg) cryoconservation
- Phase 1 — Examination.
First, the patient visits a reproductologist to undergo transvaginal ultrasound scan and have an evaluation of their ovarian reserve. The doctor mush get certain that the quantity and quality of the woman’s oocytes allow the patient to enroll in the program. Next step includes a list of tests that is needed to be undergone. Remember that this list is codified by law and is not to be ignored. Otherwise, your frozen eggs would not be included in IVF programs anywhere in Russia. In our reproductive care center you are not running risks of any misfortunes of the kind.
- Phase 2 — Preparation for the procedure and biomaterial retrieval.
This phase is devoted to multi follicular ovarian stimulation, the procedure takes a few days and is monitored by a doctor. Within the corresponding time period, the patient is administrated ovulation stimulation medicine. On the day appointed by the doctor, the patient comes to a clinic for egg retrieval via puncture. A minimally invasive procedure is undertaken under anesthesia and would not cause any discomfort.
- Phase 3 — Egg vitrification and cryobank placement.
After being retrieved, the biomaterial is labeled and being fast-frozen by our Life Line care center specialists. Then it is placed into cryobank for conservation.
- Phase 4. Collecting the certificate of individualized biomaterial storage.
Once eggs are placed in a cryobank, you receive a personal certificate that confirms the fact that you own individually frozen biomaterial.
Cost of egg freezing procedure in Life Line care center
Egg vitrification program cost on a turnkey basis is 182,000 rub.
For the patient’s convenience payment is available in two installments – the second installment is paid only when results of medical tests allow for egg preservation procedure.
In our clinic, we offer our patients interest-free installment plans.
- reproductologist counseling
- lower pelvis transvaginal ultrasound and estimating of ovarian reserve
- thorough medical examination
- multi follicular ovarian stimulation medicine
- ovarian puncture
- egg vitrification
- first 12-month storage
Why Life Line Reproductive care center?
- Qualified medical staff specializing in assisted reproductive technology. Enormous experience in IVF programs allows for undertaking safe and efficient follicular growth stimulation and egg retrieval. Furthermore, we know what diagnosis to set in order to save your time and money when egg storage is not recommended.
- State-of-the-art equipment of the embryo laboratory for collection of the best mature cells in the best conditions.
- Modern vitrification technique guarantees high-level of oocyte persistence.
- Flexible pricing policy, two-stage installments, giving you the chance to pay only for those procedures that you need.
- No-interest installment, we offer 6 months of a no-interest loan
- The first installment of 30% and all the following payments with no deposit allows for the final cost to remain with no time wasted.
Make an appointment by calling us or by submitting an application form at the bottom of the page.