According to the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation’s statistics, approximately 6M married couples in Russia are fertility-challenged, and 3M of them require assisted reproductive technologies. Modern medicine tackles many factors of infertility already in the phase of conservative treatment, and in case of no desirable outcome, ART can be the way out.
Modern medicine offers a wide range of unique ART techniques, that allows for childbirth even at the severe forms of infertility in one or both partners.
Assisted reproductive technologies in Life Line care center
Life Line Reproductive care center is equipped with innovative equipment of top international medical brands which is operated by qualified reproductologists, embryologists, geneticists, and other medical staff. It permits all kinds of modern ARTs
to achieve excellent results.
Counseling can be conducted both in-person or online. Our rooms and laboratory are well-equipped for efficient treatment, we provide most of the payment methods available. Every couple is allocated with a personal doctor and manager monitors the quality of the IVF procedure at all stages. Couples from other cities who do not know where to stay in Moscow while a treatment lasts are provided with a hotel and a comfortable transfer.
High qualification of embryologists and thorough quality control with the written and set in-house procedures allows for an increase in procedures with a successful outcome. Leading embryologists of our reproductive center participate in international conferences, workshops, and seminars annually. Many of them teach at higher education institutions and pass their knowledge on to future generations. It is also crucial for the hospital administration to comply with European standards. That is why all the embryologists obtain certificates of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
Indications for assisted reproductive technologies
Indications for in vitro fertilization can include reproductive system disorders in one or both partners.
Reasons for female infertility:
- absence of uterine tubes or their obstruction – occurring as the result of an inflammatory process that causes formation and development of adhesions so that egg and sperm cannot meet without assistance (in absence of uterine tubes in vitro fertilization is the only chance to conceive);
- endometriosis insusceptible of medical treatment – in a severe form of the disease and when surgery is ineffective;
- age-related infertility – after impairment of fertility in men and women over 40 years old, couples are offered to undergo in vitro fertilization procedure;
- anovulation – can occur at any age and due to different reasons;
- total sterility – congenital or acquired (for example, as the result of surgical resection of uterine or congenital disorders of the reproductive system such as uterus hypoplasia, underdeveloped uterus and ovaries and so on).
Infertility can be
- Primary — when the woman has never been pregnant before.
- Secondary – when the woman used to be pregnant (miscarriages, missed miscarriages or labor in the past).
Speaking of male infertility, the following reasons can intervene in conceiving a healthy baby:
- secretory form of infertility — it can develop as the result of such diseases as varicocele (venous distensibility of testis), hydrocele, inguinal hernia, cryptorchism uncured by the age of 7 (when undescended testicle has not moved into the scrotum), as well as epididymitis mumps occurred at an early age or radiation sickness at any stage of life;
- a trauma or defects of male genital organs;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- sexual dysfunction; for example, erectile dysfunction (impotence);
- a decrease in the level of androgenic hormones;
- obstructive form of male infertility — sperm movement disorders occurring in a deferent canal. The main causes for it are epididymis inflammation, trauma, inguinal region or pelvic organs surgery, consequences of orchitis. Less frequently it is caused by an absence of epididymis, or by syphilis or tuberculosis;
- retrograde ejaculation — when the sperm enters the bladder instead of emerging in urethra during emission of seminal fluid. It leads to infertility in such diseases as diabetes.
All of this can cause the following:
- absence of sufficient amount of viable and healthy sperms in ejaculate as the consequences of inflammatory or infectious diseases as well as of chemicals impact on the organism. It is a common reason for infertility in a couple and, consequently, for an indication for an artificial fertilization procedure;
- sperm motility disorder or sperm structure defects.
Infertility of an uncertain origin:
In 10% of cases, specialists cannot determine the reason for infertility in a couple. That is why in vitro fertilization procedure increases the chances for conceiving healthy children. In other 10% of infertility cases, desirable pregnancy does not occur because of the woman’s immunogenetic disparity or her hypersensitivity to sperm components.
On the basis of our reproductive care center the following assisted reproductive technologies can be undertaken:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI). The most common and inexpensive reproductive technology is to transfer prepared partner sperm to the woman’s uterus. During IUI procedure the man’s seminal fluid is studied via microscope in order to collect healthy viable sperm. After that, prepared seminal fluid is transferred directly to a woman’s uterine cavity on the day of ovulation. It allows to avoid sperm loss in the uterus’ harsh environment and to maximize the chances for pregnancy. This ART technique is effective in many cases of male and female infertility treatment.
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). This assisted reproductive technology is the base of modern reproductive medicine. IVF presupposes retrieval of partners’ gametal cells and in vitro fertilization procedure conducted in a laboratory. Harvested embryos are placed into an optimal medium for primary development, then the most vital and healthy ones are transferred to the uterus of a mother-to-be. Thereafter, normal intrauterine pregnancy begins. The gestation course and its outcome do not differ from that of a usual pregnancy started with natural fertilization process. IVF procedure can be undertaken both in the natural cycle when eggs are retrieved during regular ovulation process and after multi follicular ovarian stimulation procedure. In this case, a specialist can harvest up to 20 eggs within one cycle which is impossible during a natural one.
- ICSI/IMSI techniques are an addition to conventional IVF technology. In this case, an embryologist via a powerful microscope injects pre-selected viable and fully-functional sperm into an egg of the mother-to-be. Maximum control over the fertilization process is achieved during ICSI/IMSI.
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis. Embryos that were generated within an IVF cycle can be inspected for genetic disease and disorders before being transferred into the woman’s uterine cavity. PGD allows avoiding the risk of genetic disorders in a baby.
- Donor cells programs. If one of the partners suffers from total sterility which can not be cured, a couple can choose to implement donor gamete cells to conceive a child. In this case, pregnancy is carried by a mother-to-be with such an embryo transferred into her uterine cavity that is the result of a union of a partner’s and a donor’s gamete cells.
- Surrogacy. If the reason for a woman’s infertility lies in her inability to carry a pregnancy due to gynecological or endocrine disorders, a couple is offered to employ surrogacy service. In this case, the surrogate mother carries an embryo that is the result of a union of gamete cells of both of the parents or a parent and a donor.
In Life Line Reproductive care center we offer the whole range of ART with the highest rates of chances for pregnancy. Aside from employing donor gamete banks’ services our clients can make use of our cryobank that provides the opportunity to solve the problem of infertility for the couples suffering from any form of sterility.
For more information contact the managers of the Life Line care center in Moscow.